Python/JS developer (M/F) – Paris – Intergovernmental Organization (IGO)
Join us in building our modern and ever-evolving tech stack in the heart of Paris (3rd arrondissement) at the ISSN International Center that manages the global registry of serial print and online publications!
You will :
- Develop and maintain current and new applications part of the production and cataloguing tool, with an agile practice,
- Extend your skills if needed with additional languages, frameworks and practices (Python, JS, Flask, VueJS, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Dramatiq, etc.)
- Provide the best level of quality for digital projects with Continuous Integration, unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, well-designed, testable and efficient code,
- Create user and technical documentation,
- Contribute to the administration and monitoring of the production servers,
- Contribute to the maintenance and administration of other existing web tools, in particular the ISSN Portal based on Drupal, the Journal Transfer web site (journaltransfer.issn.org), including the data feeds they rely upon,
- Provide assistance to end users in a multinational environment including missions abroad.
The ISSN International Centre is an intergovernmental organization established in 1975 by a treaty between France and UNESCO. It is based in the center of Paris and employs a staff of 13 and cooperates with national centres located in 90 countries. Its main activities are:
- Updating and enhancing the ISSN International Register, the standardized and international database of serial print and online publications,
- Coordinating the activities of the 90 ISSN national centres worldwide which share their bibliographic data with the ISSN International Centre,
- Assigning ISSN numbers and creating descriptive data for international organisations’ publications and publications produced in countries without any ISSN national centre,
- Marketing and disseminating ISSN Data via the ISSN International Portal (portal.issn.org) and related services such as ROAD Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (road.issn.org).
Ideal Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with at least one programming languages (Python, PHP, Perl, Java an asset), as well as ElasticSearch, SQL databases (PostgreSQL),
- Knowledge of Linux and the Open Source ecosystem,
- Knowledge of agile project management methodologies,
- Proactive and effective problem solving, organizational skills and time management skills,
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills,
- Team player,
- Fluent in English and French. Knowledge of a third language would be an asset.
- Knowledge of library formats (MARC, Dublin Core) and cataloguing issues will be an asset,
Salary and status
- Salary +/- 40 K€ commensurate with experience.
- International status.
- Full-time position.
- 36 days of annual leave.
- 2-year renewable contract.
Please send an e-mail to Ms Gaëlle Béquet, Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with details about your experience, your expectations and how you can help. Public profiles (Github, LinkedIn, etc.) and contact information of two professional references would be an asset
PDF version :