The ISSN International Portal is published by the ISSN International Centre. It lists all ISSNs assigned to serial publications. It is the most complete reference source in the world for the identification of serial publications.
- The ISSN International Portal in figures
- Exhaustive data
- Access the ISSN International Portal
The ISSN International Portal in figures
The ISSN Network has assigned more than 2.5 million ISSN.
The database is constantly updated by the ISSN Network. It increases by approximately 60,000 to 70,000 ISSNs per year, reflecting an equivalent number of records and identified publications.
Nearly 130,000 corrections and modifications are made every year.
The Internet online version is updated continuously.
For complete information about the contents and expansion of the ISSN International Portal, view the ISSN statistics (in English):
- Total number of records
- Number of records from countries with an ISSN National Centre
- Number of records for countries under IC
- Number of records per type
- Number of records per medium
- Number of records per status
- Number of records per languages most represented
Each bibliographical record in the ISSN International Portal contains:
- the publication’s unique reference elements:
- key title, and
- abbreviated key title,
- additional elements used to identify the publication concerned:
- other forms of the title,
- place of publishing,
- medium, etc.
- where appropriate, the links associating the title concerned with other titles also identified by an ISSN:
- previous title(s),
- issues in other languages,
- issues in other media, etc.
Access the ISSN International Portal
Other access modes are possible:
ISSN records are available in the following formats:
The exchange format is ISO 2709.
The tables indicate the MARC 21 and UNIMARC fields required to create ISSN records.
What is MARC?
MARC is the bibliographic format used by libraries.